Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium for Students but charged $9.99

Spotify Premium for Students but charged $9.99

I had spotify premium as an undergrad and I'm a grad student now. I'll be a student for about 5 more years. Now I am charged $9.99 per month for Spotify Premium while I should be paying $4.99 per month for students. Also I get a message when I click "Get Started" for the student plan that I am already on Spotify Premium for Students. Why do I get this message while being charged the wrong fee? How can I fix this issue? Thanks.

2 Replies

Hey @tkiryuti Congrats on becoming a grad student!

Spotify will switch you back to a Standard Premium account, thats if you didn't reverify that you were a student. Look in you email that is associated with your Spotify and see if there is a email that makes you reverify. If you cant find it, i would recommend canceling your Spotify Premium and reapply for the Student Discount.

Let me know how it goes!

Keanu_C

Hey, @tkiryuti

Thanks for coming to the Community!

How are you getting on with the steps suggested above? 🙂
We'd love to get you rocking on the correct plan.

In the meantime, the student discount lasts 12 months at a time, with the option to renew when that time elapses. If this is what's happened, don't worry as you can renew a maximum of 3 times as long as you’re eligible. 

If you don’t renew, or you’ve exceeded the 4-year limit, payments will proceed at the standard Premium rate.

There's some more info here.

We hope this helps,
/M

Suggested posts