Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Upgraded the wrong account

Spotify Upgraded the wrong account

Hi there, 

I recently signed up for a free account and then upgraded with my credit card through the portal on the mac desktop app. I was still receiving ads so I checked if the upgrade had reflected on my account (it said it had even though I was still getting ads). When logging in through the website I noticed there were another spotify account's details also saved (it's a work computer).

I logged onto that account and the upgrade I had just made on my account was also reflecting on there too - with my personal credit card details.

I cancelled both the upgrade on that account and on my original account. However, now I cannot erase those credit card details from the other account nor can I re-enable the upgrade and premium trial on my account.

Hope that made sense - please assist.

1 Reply

Hey @awolflikeyou, welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've upgraded the wrong Spotify account.

In this case, I suggest following the steps under the "Didn't sign up?" section of this support page.

The right team will help you turning the wrong account back to Free which will automatically remove your card details from it, and adding the month of Premium to the correct account.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts