Spotify account info shows card expired since 1 year but still works and charges my updated card

Spotify account info shows card expired since 1 year but still works and charges my updated card

14oh
Casual Listener

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

3 Replies

Re: Spotify account info shows card expired since 1 year but still works and charges my updated card

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Hey @14oh, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

To confirm, you updated your payment method but you're still being charged on the old one?

Keep me posted :)

Billy-JRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Re: Spotify account info shows card expired since 1 year but still works and charges my updated card

14oh
Casual Listener
Actually the other way around. It charges fine to my updated card but still shows on Spotify my old card and says they’ll shut me down if I don’t update. According to the receipts shown on Spotify the last time I paid is October 2018. But my bank shows that my card gets charged each month and my Spotify is still working fine. Maybe just a case of them not updating my account on Spotify.

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Hey @14oh,

Thanks for elaborating!
In that case, could you try updating your payment method one more time - this time using a different browser or private window? You won't be charged by updating your payment method.

Let me know how this goes :) 

Billy-JRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS