Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify advertises student premium for 2,99EUR but asks for 4,99

Spotify advertises student premium for 2,99EUR but asks for 4,99

Hello,

I saw an ad for Spotify premium for students for 2,99EUR/month. After I have verified my student status, it asks for a payment of 4,99EUR/month. Why?

Is this fraudulent advertisement?

See pics

temp.png
temp2.png
4 Replies

Hi @Viiince, I hope you're doing great.

In order to help you, I need you to answer to some questions:

1. Which country are you studying?
  2. Which country are you right now?
  3. What country is your account set to?
  4. Where your payment method has been issued?

I will be waiting for your reply so I can assist you further, thank you! 🙂

Hey there @Viiince,

thanks for posting in the community !

As i want to be sure you've subscribed correctly, please reach you account page online and click "manage plan".

Check that the subscription type written there includes the student discount or just regular Premium.

Waiting on your update 😃

Hey,

thanks for the quick reply! Currently that only shows the Free Premium month, because I have not used that yet - I didn't want to do it before making sure that after the free month I will be billed what's advertised.

As for Brunelicia's questions:

1. Which country are you studying? Czech Republic
  2. Which country are you right now? Belgium
  3. What country is your account set to? Belgium
  4. Where your payment method has been issued? I don't have any payment method set up yet - I was simply clicking on the ad showing 2,99 and got through after the student verification to the 4,99EUR - that's when I stopped and went to ask, why am I not getting the advertised 2,99.

Cheers,

Petr

Hey there @Viiince,

thanks for answering all question!

Some offers and trials are offered based on the country your in, same goes for the payment of a premium subscription (USA premium subscription can be let's say 9.99USD and on another country it will be less or more - according to the market prices of each country).

It might be the offer presented is offered in Belgium but as your settings show your based in the Czech Republic you aren't alleged to get them.

Let me know if you have any other quiestions 😃

Suggested posts