Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify and Hulu won't disconnect

Spotify and Hulu won't disconnect

Plan

Free/Premium - Was premium, now free

Country - US

Device - All devices

Operating System - I have a Mac, but it's not a device specific issue.

My Question or Issue

For the past year or so, I have had a Spotify Premium bundle with Hulu. Apparently this bundle was a huge problem for a lot of people, but no matter how much I research or how many ways I try, I cannot get the two accounts to disconnect. On March 31st, I cancelled my Spotify Premium account, mainly so I could change my Hulu plan. There was an issue and I had to try again on February 1st. After some contact with Spotify help on Twitter, I got the payment for February refunded and my account was changed to a free Spotify account. For the next week, I tried EVERYTHING to get Hulu to stop acting like I was still billed through Spotify. I spent several hours on the phone with Hulu and continued to try to get help through Spotify. You keep telling me by account is free and I know longer have Hulu. Hulu keeps telling me I am still billed through you and I cannot make any changes to my account. I have waited the entire month of February for my billing cycle to start over on March 1st and Hulu STILL says I'm billed through you. I don't know whether the issue is on your end or Hulu's, but I do know that there is NOTHING I can do to fix this and I am out of patience. 😞

1 Reply

Hey @_zumz3-104dm - help's here!

Given what you've told us, it sounds like you might have a secondary Spotify account which is linked to Hulu.

Do you mind going through the steps in this support article to help you locate any potential secondary accounts you might have?

We'll be here in case you have any further questions about this.

Thanks - keep us posted!

Suggested posts