Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify appear to be ignoring my request to cancel my subscription. How can I get them to stop?

Spotify appear to be ignoring my request to cancel my subscription. How can I get them to stop?

I cancelled my subscription WEEKS ago on line, but the money is still being taken from my credit card.  I would like Spotify to confirm in writing that this is going to stop.  How can I arrange this.

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed! - Welcome to the Community!

Did you get a email stating your Subsciption to Premium was cancelled?  If not then the request didn't complete

The first is to visit your subscriptions page and see what the system states. Alternatively, you can check your email for a confirmation email. Upon a successful cancellation you should receive an email confirming that your subscription has been canceled.

If either method suggest that you are still enrolled in a premium subscription, please try cancelling again, and look out for the cancellation email! The process asks you a few times if "you’re really sure" you’d like to cancel, and if not careful, these steps can be overlooked. If, however, you did get a email and your account is showing free it's a highly likely chance you may have a second account!

If it seems that you might have a second account, please let me know so we can troubleshoot that. 

Any questions, do let me know 🙂

Hello Ethan

It was very kind of you to reply.  The problem checking whether the subscription was cancelled, and if not trying again,  arose because 'The system' wouldn't let me use my usual user name, so I invented something else which as it was a long time ago I can't remember. I created another one (and made a note of the details!) to get into the blog.

I have checked my emails and did not get a cancellation message, although I am sure I followed all the steps as they appeared.  

Hey @user-removed, As you don't know the details for the account you'll need to reach out to Spotify using this form, in the box for username you'll need to put your email and they'll have to track it down backstage!

Below is a link to Contact Spotify without logging in, Please make sure your logged out of your community account and any spotify programs we suggest you open it in a intergo window or Private Window.

Please use a email you can be contacted on and also the emails/usernames of the account in question also please provide details to prove that the account is your's such as how you pay the subscription (Card/PayPal/Pre-Paid/Mobile) If you pay card please include the last 4 digits, If you have a address or date of birth on the account please include that so the account can be proven its yours.. There maybe other details asked for to complete verificiation

Contact Spotify (via Email): https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-anonymous/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SpotifyCares-227973660732160/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/spotifycares - Drop a DM 🙂

Important if your emailing:
If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the Community, Please do drop a reply so this will get queued for a agent to see!

Suggested posts