Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

iMac Retina 5K 27-inch Late 2015

MacOS 10.15 Catalina

My Question or Issue

Since updating Mac operating system to OS 10.15 Catalina, I've been unable to use Spotify on my iMac. Icon bounces in the dock, blank Spotify window appears and then after a cople of seconds the app crashes. I'm guessing an updated version of Spotify that will integrate with Catalina is currently under development – any idea when this might become available? 

I'm trying to avoid the rather cynical thought that Apple might deliberately have sabotaged Spotify with the latest version of their OS in a cheap attempt to get people to migrate to Apple Music. Surely not...?!

5 Replies

Same here. Spotify crashes when launched or after the first click.

Premium subscription

Canada

MacOS Catalina Version 10.15

IMac 5K 27 inch late 2015

Newest version of Spotify for Mac

October 8, 2019

I have restarted, turn my Mac on and off. Uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify from downloading from your website. Create a new volume on my SSD and fresh installed macOS Catalina and installed spotify again but have the same problems. As a sidenote same thing happens with google chrome.

same here, MaCOS Catalina, updated to latest version. ditto for Spotify, spotify opens, start playing the selected track, then crashes. seems this problem exists for some time now, I could not find any solution

Hey @geoparkin and @uj56paybtnmio3w,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. That's not cool, let's see how we can help out.

Just to confirm, have you guys tried removing the Spotify app and reinstalling it again? If not, give it a try as this way you get the latest app version.

If that doesn't do the trick, we suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and adding your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE. It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hey

I have Spotify premium 

Plan: Spotify Family (US)

Device: Macbook Pro on macOS Catalina 10.15

My Spotify launches for a second and then crashes, I have tried everything - clearing Spotify cache and deleting and doing a clean reinstall and it is still happening, Was wondering if I could get some help, please. Its been happening for a week, and it's disappointing to not be able to access my Spotify. It works on my phone perfectly fine. 

Hey @itsnotnice,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry to hear the app is causing you trouble - No worries, we're here to help 🙂

Could you confirm if the app only crashes at start-up when you set Spotify to offline mode before quitting the app? If so, we'd recommend heading over to this thread and following the instructions in the Status Update.

If the crashes happen regardless of what mode (online/offline) the app was before quitting it, let us know and we'll have another look into it and see what we can suggest next.

Keep us posted!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts