Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify duo - address issue

Spotify duo - address issue

Plan

Premium Duo

Country

South Africa

Device

Xiaomi Note 7

Operating System

MIUI Global 11.0.6

My Question or Issue

I have invited my partner to create an account on Duo. All goes well and he can sign in, until we have to confirm the address. I can see as the plan manager that we are using the exact same address but it gives the error that we are trying to register from different countries. I have tried entering the location manually and using the location services. Help?

3 Replies

Hello @CyanneY,

Welcome to the Community. No worries - we're here to help!

If you get an error message saying that you're from different countries, it means that the country settings for your accounts don't match. The country setting can be different from the home address you enter for your Premium Duo plan.

We'd recommend checking out this support article to learn how you can change your country settings.

Hope this helps. If you have further questions we'll be right here 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, I have same issue using Duo. Both users live in Poland. Initially I used a British credit card and it registered my address as UK. This didn’t work. I changed the card credit card on the home account to a Polish one with anPolish address, but the Country setting still says Great Britain after I press save. I note it doesn’t update until next billing date (one month). The guest user is still receiving an error message that we are in different countries. Anything we can do? Thanks allot, jasonll 

Hey there @jasonll,

Thank you for your post in this thread.

In this case we suggest that you wait until next month so your country settings can be changed to Poland.

There's also currently an ongoing issue about this. If you still experience this after one month we suggest that you follow the steps that's provided in there and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts