Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is an extremely deceitful company

Spotify is an extremely deceitful company

Hello again,

I have made a post here before. Here's a quick summary. 

1. I made a spotify account to get the google mini

2. Google cancelled my order due to "invalid information" (turns out they don't accept debit cards as a method of payment)

3. Google asked me to contact spotify for a new code

4. Spotify asked me for proof of order cancellation

5. I sent spotify screenshots, the emails, and whatever else they needed

6. Spotify said they can't  give me a new code and they can't even give me refund (even though I have never used my account to listen to music).

All of this happened over 2 weeks ago and I still haven't received any replies to the 3 emails I sent. My original post got marked as solved even though I did not accept it as a solution (the solution said the promo has finished so I can't get the item). 

I have never dealt with a more deceiving company in my life. I know it's only $10 I lost but it's not even about the money. How could a company as big and loved as spotify treat their customers like this?

13 Replies

Hey @rishadnero, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

I'm very sorry to hear this - and I'll be more than happy to help you as best as I can. Can you let me know which country you reside in? Once I have more info, I'll be able to check the offer details and take a closer look.

Keep me updated 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Toronto Canada

Hey @rishadnero.

Thanks for the reply!

This offer has ended early in Canada, and Spotify won't be able to provide further codes - since supplies have now been gone. However, I'd suggest you to always keep checking Spotify.com for future deals and promotional offers.

I hope this helps 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thing is the offer ended AFTER i bought the subscription and asked for the code and even when the offer was still running, I was told I couldn't get the code.

Hey @rishadnero.

Gotcha! There was a really high demand for the Google Home Mini's, which is why some people also didn't get a code, and why the offer ended early.

I'm really sorry to hear that you weren't able to redeem yours 😞 - but hopefully, they'll be another offer soon 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

It sucks but if spotify cared about it's customers then they would allow for refunds on the cancelled orders. Seems really shady to promise something and not give it...

we have the same problem , and they have the same standard answer for everyone :sorry to hear that (but we wont return any payments:(

Hey @rishadnero.

If you already paid for a Google Home Mini by accident, I'd recommend contacting Google Home support, since they have the tools to help you with a refund.

If you're referring to refunding your Premium subscription - please check out this refund policy.

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thanks for the replies Billy. So I read the refund policy which states I have 14 days to get a refund if I have not used my account. I purchased my premium subscription on April 14th and was rejected a refund on April 19th. The reason for not refunding me was extremely vague. "We’ve taken a look at your account on our end, and based from the information on it, we’re unable to provide you with a refund for your most recent payment." When I emailed asking what they meant by that because I haven't used the account at all, I didnt get a response and it's been 2 weeks. I bet if I asked now, they'll say its too late because it's been over 14 days. 

@rishadnero You wrote: "So I read the refund policy which states I have 14 days to get a refund if I have not used my account." Can you provide a link to that policy? I can't find that text anywhere in the Spotify Terms & Conditions. You can read the Spotify Terms & Conditions here: https://www.spotify.com/us/legal/end-user-agreement/

This is an absolute fraudulant scam.

You take our money for upgrading, then google cancels your order without reason, then you both refuse to respond to support requests.

"If you’ve never used your Premium subscription, or have bought but not redeemed an online Spotify gift card, you can get a full refund within 14 days of purchase. Just 
contact us".

https://support.spotify.com/ca-en/account_payment_help/payment_help/refund-policy/

@rishandero wrote: "If you’ve never used your Premium subscription, or have bought but not redeemed an online Spotify gift card, you can get a full refund within 14 days of purchase. Just contact us". https://support.spotify.com/ca-en/account_payment_help/payment_help/refund-policy/ - - - - Okay, the reason I could not find that is because it is in the Canadian help pages. Are you in Canada? And did you have a 30 day free trial before you paid for the first month?

Suggested posts