Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is not ready to work in Nigeria

Spotify is not ready to work in Nigeria

I have been trying to pay for Spotify premium in Nigeria. First of all, no cards work, and eventually, I got a card that works but the payment module won't load. How are you losing customers who want to actually pay you? A few people I know have switched to Tidal, YouTube Music, Deezer etc. because they can't pay you. Why is no one looking at this? Are not an important market for you? You advertise a lot of afrobeat but don't care about the audience. This is me using two different phones across multiple networks and WiFi and I can't get the payment module to load. Maybe I should move to another service to be honest. 

Screenshot_20230129-231424_Chrome.png
IMG-0091.PNG
2 Replies

Hi there @rex41e,

Thanks for reaching out. We had an Ongoing Issue with payments in Nigeria, you can check out this information here. This should be fixed now, so hopefully all payments can be processed normally.

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi L. I don't even get the option to enter my card info. When I select the package I want it just starts rolling and rolling and rolling. No option to enter my card info. I have a naira card and a dollar card, both Mastercard. Neither of which I can use on mobile or the web. The problem seems to be from your dashboard. I need more options besides going to my bank. BTW, the first question they asked was what error message I received AFTER I entered my card info. As I said, I have not been able to do so. Please help. 

Suggested posts