None

Country

Uruguay

Device

Moto X Play

Operating System

marshmallow

My Question or Issue

Hi, I'd like someone to help me please, it's been 2 months I cancelled my spotify premium service, and I keep on getting the charge on my credit card, can someone please look it up and fix this for me? any extra info needed I'll provide. thank you.

9 Replies

Hey @virclis23,

Most of the times a user gets charged after he cancelled, is because he never ended the cancelling process. There are two ways to check this. First, you can see this on your subscriptions page. And Second, you can check your email for a confirmation of the cancellation process.
When these methods say that you are still on Premium, please try to cancel again, this time being aware of receiving the cancellation email. The process asks a few times if "you’re really sure" you’d like to cancel, and if not careful, it's easy to oversee them.

Have a nice day!

Luke

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Luke, thanks for your reply.

Since I cancelled my subscription, it says "free" , I never got a cancellation email, as of right now I just want to make sure I don't get charged again next month, on my end I don't see anything else I could do, everything is the same from two months ago, can someone from the billing department look into it so it's sure that I won't be charged again next month?

Hey again @virclis23,

I'm sorry to hear this. There's one more thing you could try:

It could be that you have created a second Spotify account and subscribed to Premium with that account. Could you please check all your email addresses and search for a receipt from Spotify? When you find one, log in to the account created with that email address and cancel your subscription 🙂

I hope this helps!

LukeSpotify Star

Hi

Not really possible, I've used only one email since I created it, its easier for me to find everything in one place, so I don't own more than one email, I'll just wait and see if I get charged next month...

Hey again @virclis23,

It is really easy to create an account with Spotify and for most users with your issue, the problem is that they created a second one.

I'd ask you to try the steps shown in this support article 🙂

Let me know how it goes and

Have a nice day!

Luke

LukeSpotify Star

Im being charged for a premium plan that i neved signed up for. And money is being taking out my account 

Hey @Jordonbrown.

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

We suggest you check out this article - it should have the answers you're looking for.

Hope that helps!

I need help, I got charged again, I need a billing department email or phone number I can call so they stop charging my bank account, I dont even have a job I need this to stop, please someone from spotify help, enough with those links I already cancelled my subscription there is no other step I can do, I need someone to stop chaging my account and refund the 3 months I got charged.

Hey @virclis23.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. We know how frustrating it can be, but don't worry, we've got your back 🙂

The best thing to do is to get in touch with out Customer Support team here. They will be able to take a look at your account and see what's going on, and find any additional accounts that might be getting charged.

Hope that helps! Let us know how you get on.

Suggested posts