Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify makes it impossible to cancel Premium Subscription

Spotify makes it impossible to cancel Premium Subscription

Plan

Premium

Country USA

Device

Samsung 8+

Operating System

Android 

Spotify continues to raise an error condition when I try to cancel my Premium Account. I've tried several different devices and different browsers.  I think this is a clumsy, fraudulent way to extend revenues.  If my account is not cancelled in the next three business days - I'll be contacting my Credit Card company and my state attorney general. 

4 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

The simplest thing in the world - letting a customer gracefully cancel a subscription and you guys mess it up.  

Cancel.

My.

Account.

Now.

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out.

I'd recommend making sure that you're following these steps to cancel your subscription.

Keep in mind that if you've subscribed for Premium through a third-party service, like iTunes, you'll need to cancel them. That would explain the error message you see.

If you're still having troubles, it'd be helpful to include a screenshot of the error message you see. Just make sure it doesn't include any private/sensitive info.

Thanks 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Years later I can confirm I have the same problem.

Spotify is a RIPOFF

I will never ever more give any dollar to Spotify

Hey @Noemie1312,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Don't worry. Help is here 🙂

Could you open an incognito window on your PC? Sometimes the cache can lead to different issues. Then you can try the steps @Maxim mentioned.

If you get an error message, you can send us a screenshot of it. It's important that all the sensitive information is not visible. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts