Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify payment failure

Spotify payment failure

I was charged 4.99 premium to my debit card when i tried to upgrade to premium ..but none of the features are working. It's still on Free Spotify
6 Replies

Hey @bry_bry237, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Did you receive a payment confirmation email from Spotify?

Let me know 🙂

No i did not. And that's why I'm confused because i always get a confirmation email. But i checked my bank statements yesterday and it read a recent transaction from Spotify of $4.99 from New York

@bry_bry237,

In this case, the charge should show on your statement as ‘pending’. This means your bank has put a temporary authorization on the funds, but no money has actually been taken because Spotify has not yet verified your student status. Check out some more info here: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/student_discount/i-paid-for-the-student-discount-bu...

Please let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

How would i stop it from pending? I don't want to bother with the premium anymore

@bry_bry237,

If you believe you're eligible for a refund, all you need to do is get in contact with Spotify support and their Accounts team can take a look backstage. The easiest way to contact them is by messaging SpotifyCares on Facebook or Twitter. They usually respond within 48 hours!

Please let me know if you need help with anything else 🙂

Hello HELP
I want to pay premium but it keeps saying my card is issued in US but is not, is Mexican and I recently changed my country to Mexico, it's already updated on my account so I don't know whats going on, please help!

Suggested posts