Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify premium does not work even though I have paid my subscription

Spotify premium does not work even though I have paid my subscription

Plan

Premium

The Netherlands

Device

SAmsung galaxy S7 edge

My Question or Issue

Ive got spotify premium from november 2017. I pay my monthly bill, but since today it says i only got Spotify free. I checked my bankaccount and  my montly contribution has been deducted from my bank account.

Please help! I cant listen to my favourite music!

24 Replies

Hey @isetteduburck,

Welcome to the community!

First up, let's try the following to get your subscription working again:

• Log out and back into your account. Occasionally this is necessary to force a sync of info between your device and the Spotify account system.

• Check the status of your subscription. Go to your subscription page and check that your Premium subscription is still active.

• Check the status of your payment. If your Spotify payment is marked as 'pending' on your bank statement, it might not have gone through successfully. For more information, check out payment troubleshooting.

• Check that your Premium subscription isn’t on another account. It's possible to create multiple Spotify accounts, each with their own login details, saved music, and subscription. Check to see if you have any other accounts

Let me know how it goes. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Dear Noah,

Thank you for your respons. I already tried al these steps and still there is my plan says " free". 

Is there another idea?

Greets, Isette

Hey @isetteduburck,

Please check the receipt that Spotify sent to your email inbox for your Premium subscription. Make sure you're signing in with the username on that receipt. If the username on your receipt is a 10 digit number, please sign in with your Facebook login details.

Keep me posted 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

The username is the same. I don't have a 10 digitnumber.

I already changed my password.logged in and out, deleted all the apps on our divices.

Still no Premium!

Hey @isetteduburck,

In this case, I'd recommend getting in touch with the Spotify support team using the online contact form or by sending a message to @SpotifyCares on twitter. They'll be able to take a look backstage, and you'll hear from them shortly.

Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Sir I am facing a similar problem too! I have checked all the things that you have told! What should I do now!

Hey there @Jaidev_reddy!

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Can you start by taking a look at your Receipts page? If you don't see the payment there, it means that it hasn't gone through successfully on our end yet.

With some payments it might take a couple of days until the charge is processed, so we'd recommend that you wait 48 hours to see if the payment shows up on your Receipts page and you get your Premium features. If it doesn't, you should soon receive your funds back automatically. 

Keep us posted on how it goes. Give us a shout if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have done the payment for a month while having a mini premium for a week. I thought that monthly premium will work after that week. But I'm not getting the premium.. 😑Please help me. 

Hey @Naveena_D,

Thanks for letting us know!
Please check your account page to see if you're logged in to the correct account.
After the duration of Mini has expired, you should get Premium Individual in the case you've paid for it.

We'll be on the lookout for your response 🙂

VasilModerator

hello I also have this problem with my account I sign out and log in a million times and I checked my account to see if I had added the premium benefits but it's all correct I also checked my email to see if there was a receipt and where is on my name my account my card and I can't find a solution please help 

Hey @ianagros003,

Thanks for joining the thread! 

Does your Account Overview page show that you're on Premium? You can check this here 🙂
If it does, we'd like to ask you to doublecheck if you're logged into the same account.
In case you are, could you let us know which Premium features you're missing? A screenshot would be of great help!

And on the receipt note - they can be viewed here but you should also be getting them via e-mail.
If they're not found in your inbox, check your spam/junk folders as well.
Many thanks!

VasilModerator

hi! my payment shows on my receipt page, I've logged into the right account, reinstalled spotify and logged in and out 3 times, it still shows that my current plan is "free" 

it works on chrome but not on the desktop and mobile app

Hey @natasha131,

Thanks for reaching out.

We've had some temporary issues where Premium accounts showed as free, but all should be good now. Can you please log out and back in a couple of times and let us know if everything looks good on your end?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator

all good now, thank you so much!

What did you do that helped you get back to premium?

thank you for replying but i double checked about the login and my emails the receipt is there but I don't have the feature offline and the ad free 

Screenshot_2022-11-17-16-56-01-013_com.spotify.music.jpg

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

If you're still not seeing your Premium features, we'd recommend checking out this article. If the issue persists after trying the suggestions there, it's best to reach out to the folks over at Customer Support, as they're the ones who can take a closer look at this and assist you further.

Take care,

MihailYModerator

am going with same issue, 
for student account, we choose and debited for the entire year payment 

but still no confirmation email from Spotify or the premium showing in Spotify account 

Suggested posts