Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify took away my 9.99 monthly rate and is now forcing me to pay for family subscription!

Spotify took away my 9.99 monthly rate and is now forcing me to pay for family subscription!

1. None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Why is my 9.99 rate gone and a 14.99 family subscription being forced when I tried to pay my monthly 9.99 premium bill?

3 Replies

Spotify Family 

Screenshot_2020-02-26-17-18-45-545.jpg

It is possible that your account has been hacked.

When a hacker gains control of your account, one of the things they sometimes do is convert the account to a family plan, and add other users ("family members").

If this is what happened, you won't be able to switch back to the individual plan until you remove the other "family members."

So you need to check the settings on your account to see if other people have been added to your family plan.

You should also sign out of all devices, and change your passwords--not just your Spotify password, but also the password for your e-mail account, and Facebook, and any other account or service that is associated with your Spotify account, and any other account for which you were using the same password.

Hey @ward_matt34,

Thanks for telling us about this and requesting help here! 

I'd recommend you to use this article. It has all the necessary steps you need to follow to secure your account and prevent this from happening again.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do.

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts