Spotify won't allow sign in other than linked with Facebook

Plan

Premium (Family)

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

My Question or Issue

My premium family subscription was allowed to lapse by mistake and was subsequently cancelled. When I restarted it the next day, I had to re-invite my family members. My son was added fine, but my Wife has had trouble. She, at one time, had an account linked via FB...but that is NOT the one she's been using and adding to playlists, etc. For that one, she has an actual user name. This is the one we need reinstated, yet each time I send her the invite through Spotify, it automatically signs her in to the one linked through FB (where she has almost no playlists). She needs to be able to get back to all of her MANY playlists on the other account--and she was just using that one perfectly fine under my family account less than a month ago. Help please!

2 Replies

**one additional point...the email address she uses for FB and the email address she uses for Spotify are the same..and I think this is causing the issue. But nonetheless, she was still doing this just fine before my subscription cancelled and restarted.

Hey @bethetree.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Have your wife log in to the account she would like to close and let her follow these instructions. When she closes the account she doesn't want, she should be left with one she does want to keep.

Should work 🙂 Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts