Premium

Country

United States

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify won't allow me to skip, and shows what song I'm playing when I'm trying to do other things, but it makes it hard when it blocks a part of the screen 

Screenshot (35).png
13 Replies

Hey @wyprice, welcome to the Spotify Community! 

Just to confirm, does this also happen if you try skip a song by opening the Spotify app, or just when you use your keyboard shortcuts?

Also, we'd like you to restart your device and try to use Spotify and skip some songs after that. 

Let us know how it goes. Have a great day! 

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hey @JulianDavid, It happens when I try to skip from the desktop, inside the app, and using my headphones. I've also restarted my device like 3 times before I came to ask this question, thank you for trying so far!

Thanks for your quick reply @wyprice!

In this case, we'd like you to try reinstalling the Spotify app with these steps.

Let us know if that helps.

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Sorry for the late reply. My email didn't send me a message. Anyway, this didn't work either, however, the web player works better than the desktop version at this point, so I'm using that now. If you do have another solution, it would be appreciated 

Hey @wyprice.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you send us the exact Spotify version numbers? Also, have you tried turning off Hardware Acceleration under View?

Keep us in the loop.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

The what and what? Where do I find these things or turn it off... 

No worries!

You can find the Spotify version numbers by clicking the 3 dots on the top left corner of the application's window > Help > About Spotify.

The Hardware Acceleration option can be found under the same 3 dots > View.

All the best.

Turned off the thing, and the number thing is... actually not needed... I love it's fixed!!!

So I turned off the hardware thing, and the version is 1.0.87.491.ge2a121fc. it worked for about 20 mins. 

Hey @wyprice.

Sorry to hear the issue came back even with Hardware Acceleration turned off.

Just to confirm, are you using the Windows Store version of Spotify? If that's the case, try uninstalling it and downloading the installer directly here.

Let us know how it goes.

Reinstalled it, and I can't even start a song at this point... It goes to a play position and instantly pauses it without starting it.

That's odd!

Are you getting any error messages when this happens?

Also, is Spotify set as an exception on your antivirus or firewall? If not, try doing so, or sisabling them for a moment to test this out.

Keep us posted.

No error messages, and I don't have access to control the antivirus as if I could disable that, my dad thinks im stupid enough to cause a virus to happen on his computer.

Suggested posts