Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stopping duo/family pop-ups

Stopping duo/family pop-ups

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra / iPad Pro 12.9" (4th gen)

Operating System

Android 11 - One UI 3 / iPad OS 15.0.2

My Question or Issue

I have a premium account, only I use my account, so why does my app keep asking me if more than one person keeps using my account and if I wanted to get a duo/family account?

I already pay for my premium, so why do I keep getting these adverts if you will?

I understand that I use multiple devices, but I always use my phone as a controller and my iPad as a speaker

3 Replies

Hi @CanJanosh9,

Thank you for posting on the Community. 

There's a way you can manage all notifications you receive on your account. 

Go to the app's Settings > Notifications, there you'll be able to toggle on/off the various types of notifications. You can find more info about this topic here

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Except that isn't true, is it? I've got premium, I've got notifications set to either email or disabled entirely and I still get in-app adverts for duo, a service I have zero interest in and something I've paid money to not hear about.

Now, we can pretend this isn't deliberate, and we can do the usual semantic dance where it'll be claimed that it isn't an advert because it's a notification or advisory or some shite, but ultimately what's the point? People pay to not see adverts, that's the selling point. If they're paying money and still seeing pop-ups, overlays, nag screens, etc, that are advertising an additional service (that costs more money, obviously) then that's an advert and not what people are paying to see.

So if spotify could just not, that'd be great.

Unfortunately I have the same issue.

I live alone, and these plans are only valid for people living together based on the website.

It would be great to not get these messages on my phone, since the more expensive plans are not applicable for my needs, and I wouldn't be saving money either.

Now they are even worse, since they are blocking the entire app until we dismiss the message.

photo_2022-06-16 13.28.43.jpg

Suggested posts