Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Account got charged even though not subscribed for it

Solved!

Student Account got charged even though not subscribed for it

Hi there! I tried to sign up for the student discount, but my school was not available so I cancelled the subscription process and did not get it. I still got charged for it though now and don't have a premium account! I can't find any email address where I could contact Spotify about it. Can anyone help me? Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @actomaschett. Typically on new subscription Spotify will place a pre-authorization charge on your method of payment before withdrawing the final sum. A pre-auth charge is usually a small charge that is used by companies to ensure that the payment method used has the appropriate amount of funds to complete a transaction, and the charge should drop on its own within a few business days.

The system usually makes this charge when you first start the process, so even if you didn't complete it, you'll still see this charge. If it's been a few business days and it hasn't cleared let me know and we can look into getting the issue sorted. Cheers!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @actomaschett. Typically on new subscription Spotify will place a pre-authorization charge on your method of payment before withdrawing the final sum. A pre-auth charge is usually a small charge that is used by companies to ensure that the payment method used has the appropriate amount of funds to complete a transaction, and the charge should drop on its own within a few business days.

The system usually makes this charge when you first start the process, so even if you didn't complete it, you'll still see this charge. If it's been a few business days and it hasn't cleared let me know and we can look into getting the issue sorted. Cheers!

Suggested posts