Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Subscribed to 6 month trial with Fido, got Fido acc cancelled, Spotify remained unchanged. Help.

Subscribed to 6 month trial with Fido, got Fido acc cancelled, Spotify remained unchanged. Help.

I got a 6 month free trial of premium with Fido but I cancelled my Fido account before the 6 months were up. The Spotify account linked with the Fido account in question remained unchanged. It's been over two months after the 6 month limit and I'm not getting charged but I still have Spotify premium. I need to change the the membership I have, but since the membership was with another company Spotify says nothing can be changed from here. I have contacted Fido, they said they have put the case forward and it has been 2 weeks since then. Nothing yet. Does someone have any advice as to what I should do? 

1 Reply

Hey @udaychhina,

Try logging into your account settings on your browser with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. It should read 'Your subscription is associated with our partner Fido'.

If that's the case, it's them who cancel the service, since it's them who should charge you for it in the first place.

Your Spotify account gets linked to your mobile number and that's it. No payment info is recorded in Spotify's systems, and therefore no charges can be made by them, so I'd wait for Fido to cancel your Spotify subscription.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts