Subscribed to Premium, and still get ads in podcasts

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I've been listening to the JRE podcast and noticed that before and during episodes I will get an ad. After speaking to someone from support chat, I was informed that it was the content creator's choice to have ads play before or during their episode. 

While I understand the content creator's choice to run an ad in the middle of their show, Spotify quite literally allows the content creator to stop the show, change the track on the app to an ad, and then resume the show. 

That's like paying for YouTube Premium, saying they don't run ads, but interrupt the video by changing it to an ad because the content creator said it was OK; (s)he wanted the ads there, not YouTube. Then what's the point of paying for the service?

Citing directly from their website (https://support.spotify.com/us/article/spotify-premium/), the fourth bullet is listed: "No ad interruption."

What's the point of paying for Spotify Premium, when others can negate the features of their paid service and make money, via "third-party ads", on the platform we're paying to use. I would expect not have the app interrupt my podcast with an advertisement.

3 Replies

Hey @zee334,

Thank you for your post and feedback here in the Community.

There's currently an idea about this - [All Platforms] No Ads in Podcasts for Spotify Premium users that you can find here. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

Once again - thanks for the feedback. We appreciate it.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

How may people need to click on the idea before it gets any traction? I am seeing little point in paying for a ad free service that give you adverts. For now I will find my podcasts else ware, but if this does not change you will lose at least one customer, it has already put a dampener on my trust of the company. 

This is appalling to get targeted ads from Spotify (not JRE) with a premium subscription . Even more appalling  to get ads encouraging gambling. The ads also crashed my app. Just a massive fail by Spotify. Next ad, I'm cancelling.

Suggested posts