Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Subscribing Premium but app looks like Free

Subscribing Premium but app looks like Free

Hello, 

I've been subscribing Premium for Students since July. Everything's working well, but my Spotify app on phone doesn't look like Premium, but like Free. I tried to switch off and on my phone, reinstalled the app and still no difference. Do you have any idea what else can I do? I have Huawei P9 lite if it helps. 

10 Replies

Hey @xburnbright, and welcome to the community. 

Hope you’re doing great!

I'll be happy to help. Can you login to your account here and tell me if your subscription status shows as 'Free' or 'Premium'? Also, could you try logging out/in of your account to see if that helps?

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello, 

my subscription status is Premium and it's valid until July 2020. 

I logged out and in and still no change. 😞 

@xburnbright

Thanks! Could you also make sure that you’re logged in to the correct account from the app? 

Let me know 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hello, 

I've just checked it and yes, I'm logged in to the correct account. 

@xburnbright.

Thanks for the info! 

Let's try a clean reinstall of the app on your Huawei device first. Here's what to do:

1. Head here and click Remove all devices
  2. Go to your Spotify settings, scroll down to Storage and then clear the cache
  3. From the Android home screen, tap Settings > Apps
  4. Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it and clear the cache and data. Then select Uninstall.
  5. Switch your device off and wait a couple minutes
  6. Switch your device back on
  7. Open the Google Play Store then search for and install the Spotify Music app
  8. Log in using your Premium account's login details.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hello, 

I followed your instructions and unfortunately it didn't help. Moreover, I tried to log in to the app on another Android device and it still looked like Free version. 😞 

Hey there @xburnbright, thanks for keeping me up to speed!

Just to confirm, are you trying to log in using the right username and password in our login form?

Since you mention seeing your account shows up as Premium in your Account Overview page, I'd recommend heading there again and making sure that you're trying to log in to your mobile device using the username that shows up in there. You can also double-check this in the receipt Spotify sent you when you upgraded to Premium.

If that doesn't do the trick, try logging in using in the email associated with your Premium account. You can also double-check this on your Account Overview page above.

If you're still having troubles after that, any screenshots of how the app appears on your mobile device would be very helpful. Just make sure that it doesn't contain any private or sensitive info.

Let me know how that goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hello, 

I tried to login in to my account using the username and later with e-mail and it's still the same, I'm 100% sure I'm using a correct account. 

I attached two screenshots (they're in Polish). As you can see it looks like a Free version. But as I mentioned eariler it still works like Premium. 

Screenshot_20190107-185527.png
Screenshot_20190107-185531.png

Hey @xburnbright.

Thanks for getting back to us!

What you see is our new and improved Premium version! You can read here exactly what changes have been made.

Happy listening. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

HELLO, SAME.

I've been told to log out and then back in - it does not work. I tried reinstalling the app aswell - still not working. Hoping to find a solution, because the support centre does not answer my emails - if they really got them because **bleep** system they have. 

Suggested posts