Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Subscribing failed but I got charged

Subscribing failed but I got charged

Hello. This problem is kind of long so please bare with me so it started yesterday morning, my card had been charged with regular premium instead of student premium. I contacted Spotify care via twitter and they responded back and told me that I will be refunded within 3-5 working days and they cancel my subscription to free instead and told me that I'll just subscribe to student premium after few hours however it didn't let me and gave me error "Payment failed. Try again or select another payment method." So I decided to just delete my account and created a new one with the same email. When I tried subscribing to Student Premium, it says that my student credential is already associated with another Spotify account. I tried it for 4 times until I manually verified my account and it let me. I checked my bank statement and I got charged 4x of $5.40 which I don't understand why because it didn't even let me use Spotify premium. I need explanations and do I get a refund from the charges that they made? Thank you!

1 Reply

Hey @waytorock_02.

Thanks for paying us a visit 🙂

If you attempt to subscribe but you fail a few times, your payment card will have one or more 'pending' charges. Because the subscription has not been completed, the pending charges will return to your account after a few days. You can get in touch with your bank if you want more info about pending charges.

Hope that answers your question. Let us know if you have further questions!

Suggested posts