Subscribing to Premium - Payment Failed

Plan

Trying to get Premium

Country

Portugal

Device / Operating System

Account problem, not the device.

My Question or Issue

I've been trying to subscribe to Premium for about a week not. After filling out the payment details with my credit card I receive the notification that the payment failed with a link to a troubleshooting page.

1) I've read the board announcement that there were problems with payment on the 1st of March. My problem has started before that and persists until now, the 3rd of March.

2) I've located another thread here with similar issues being brought forward by the Pakistan community. I'm am not in Pakistan and I am facing the same issue.

3) The troubleshooting pages lists 3 possible reasons for the failure:

3.1) Country registration - Both the account and card are set to Portugal

3.2) Not expired or canceled - It has not expired. It is not canceled as I keep on using it for everyday life.

3.3) Enabled for foreign, secure online, and recurring purchases - It is enabled; I use it for Zoom, Netflix, HBO, Disney+, World of Warcraft... you get the point.

Thanks for your time.

5 Replies

Hey there @hemsut93,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you try from a incognito/private window?

Another useful step is to try from another browser.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you try from another device?

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Jeremy,

a) On my PC (Windows 10):

a.1.1) Google Chrome normal - The payment failed.

a.1.2) Google Chrome incognito - The payment failed.

a.2.1) Microsoft Edge normal - The payment failed.

a.2.2) Microsoft Edge private - The payment failed.

a.3.1) Firefox normal - The payment failed.

a.3.2) Firefox private - The payment failed.

b) On mobile (Vodafone Smart Ultra 6)

b.1) Directly on the Spotify app - The payment failed.

b.2.1) Google Chrome normal - The payment failed.

b.2.2) Google Chrome incognito - The payment failed.

Any other ideas?

Hi @hemsut93

Thanks for getting back to us. 

In this case, we'd recommend reaching out to your bank for more info or using a different payment method.

You can also reach out to our Support team here. They'll be able to assist you further by checking your account to see what might be causing this issue. 

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to let us know. 

Have a good one 🙂

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Novy,

I've decided to fill in the payment information with my debit card instead of the credit card (both are from the VISA network and same bank). It now worked.

However, I am not happy with this solution. I like to keep my financial life organized and leave all of my internet/international payments and transactions on the credit card. I mentioned before in this thread that I used that card with all sorts of different companies and it has always worked. It is NOT a card or bank problem.

Having also taken a look at some other threads on this platform, I have noticed that many users from all over the world are recently reporting the same issue. This seems to point out to a problem on the side of the Spotify team. I would like to suggest that your company takes deep dive into this from the financial operations team to the technical team.

I hopefully wish that this issue gets truly fixed so that in the short-term I can change my payment information to the credit card.

Thanks for you time and attention.

Hey @hemsut93,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We're sorry that you couldn't use your desired payment method for now, but it's good to hear that you could subscribe.

You can try to change your payment method whenever you want by following these steps. If the issue still persists, feel free to reach out to our Support team through any of these channels so they can take a closer look at your account to see what might be causing this.

If you have any questions or need anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts