Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Subscribing to Premium in a different country.

Subscribing to Premium in a different country.

Plan

Free

Country

Serbia

My Question or Issue

Here's the thing. I live in a country where Spotify has only this year become officially supported and I absolutely refuse to set my country to this one. I've been using a VPN to listen to the US catalogue. A lot of songs are unavailable where I am. So here's my question. Premium in my country costs $5, in the US $10. I am absolutely willing to pay $10 for a bigger library, is it possible to do that somehow? Like to set my country to US and pay and keep listening? Thanks in advance.

1 Reply

Hi @RapLeqend,

Thank you for posting this on the Community.

At the moment, in order to sign up for a Premium subscription you need to be present in the country you're setting it up.

This means that if you reside in Serbia, your subscription will be automatically set up there. If you want to set up your subscription in the USA, you need to be present in that country. 

The reason is because the country you reside in must match the country registered on your account and the one your payment method was issued in.

In this and this article you can find more information about the country settings in your account and subscription.

Hope this info was useful!

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts