Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Subscription Change

Subscription Change

I just was notified by PayPal that I was charged $9.99 for a month of Spotify since my 3 month trial of Spotify for .99 expired today, this morning. I am a student and just switched to the $5 a month Spotify and it went through. Am I still going to be charged $9.99 for the subscription without the student discount?? 

1 Reply

Hey @Geraghtydeanna, welcome to the community!

Let's make sure you don't have multiple Spotify accounts by following these steps.

In case you do have two Premium accounts, you can log in here to check which one has the discount, and cancel the other one. You can also close one of the accounts to avoid this happening again in the future.

If you only have one account, the $5 payment may only be pending and should go back to your bank account soon.

To complete the Student discount subscription, you should've received an email notification with a "Complete Purchase" button. However, completing the purchase on a Premium account shouldn't charge you again, this'll only validate your payment details so the discount will apply automatically on your next billing date.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts