Free/Premium

Country

Mexico

Device

ZTE Maven 3/Sony Vaio

Operating System

Android Nougat, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I am a first time user of Spotiy and would like to try the Premium version, but I am unable to to start the free trial with my OXXO debit card. I have well over 99 mexican pesos on it, but when I enter my card info I recieve an error. I contacted customer support and they mentioned that I would not be able to pay for the service with that card on Spotify itself. They did mention that I could pay for the monthly subscription through their app (Transfer) and that is correct. I logged into my account on the Transfer App, and was given the option to pay for 1, 3, or 6 months. I do not want to be charged the 99 pesos if I'm wanting to try out Premium first. That's the purpose of the trial right? to see if it is of your likings. If you can just help me out with confirming if I will be charged the 99 pesos at thaqt moment and basicly not being able to take advantage of the free tral, I'd really appreciate it. 

Screenshot_20190929-210428.png
Screenshot_20190929-210432.png
1 Reply

Hey there @F3RNA

thanks for posting !

Each country and user has their own payment methods which you can see when doing the payment process.

When a user is prevented from using his payment method he'll have to get another in order to enjoy the service.

In case of free trials the only option here is to come up with a valid payment method just to pass the registration part, check the app and if you liked it then go through to the transfer app and use your debit card for it.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Suggested posts