Free/Premium

Country

Not Fixed

Device

Pixel XL

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I am from India but am always on the move. My job involves living and working in various countries. Could I take premium in country and enjoy premium benefits all over the world. Because currently the situation is that if I have premium I can only enjoy it for the first two weeks in another country. How can I solve this situation?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @xenonforlife,

As long as you're on Premium your country won't change on it's own.

But if you're on the free tier it will automatically get changed after 2 weeks.

Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

10 Replies

This is a great question. I hope someone from the Rock Star team can reply this.

Hey @xenonforlife & @isaumyam, welcome to the Community.
Hope you're doing great!

Actually you can use Premium anywhere around the world as long as you can pay for it, which means that you either need to use the payment method from the country you first signed up for Premium or change the country and the payment method (which should again be corresponding with the country you're trying to subscribe) whenever you move.

As long as you're on Premium you can use Spotify without being logged out like in the Free tier.

You can check this article for some of the Spotify Premium features.

However, if you've something else in mind I'd suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Have a great day! 🙂

So doesn't the country automatically change after two weeks, atleast that's what I had experienced. I was a Premium user in Poland and then I moved to Germany for two months but only after the first two weeks, Spotify had prompted me to match the region according to the location, I wasn't able to use my Polish Premium membership in Germany beyond the first two weeks, which is quite weird because in this case then if I change the region and start paying in Germany, my subscrption in Poland doesn't really end, so I end up paying in both countries but actually using it in one! 

Great counter question. In fact, I was also having the same question. Can @Loxer please clear out this query?

Hey @isaumyam & @xenonforlife,

This article should help you how Spotify works out of the country you created it.

@xenonforlife

It seems like you have 2 accounts and you're paying for both of them while using only one. For that I'd recommend checking this article.

Let me know how that goes 🙂

Hi sorry for the delay in my response, I did read that. But my query is still unresolved, who decides if I have moved permanently? I know from those articles about what I should do if I move permanently. But the thing is I never move permanently, India is my base location where I always return to, but the duration I am away from my home country is not really fixed, sometimes it's a few weeks and sometimes it's a few months, so that begs the question : Who decides if I moved permanently to some other place, it is quite clear in my case, I know that I will never move permanently, but how does spotify define permanent relocation?

The article says that if I have a premium anywhere in the world, I will be able to use it anywhere else in the world for as long as I like, is that true?

Marked as solution

Hey @xenonforlife,

As long as you're on Premium your country won't change on it's own.

But if you're on the free tier it will automatically get changed after 2 weeks.

Thanks 🙂

Oh then I will just go and buy it without any worries, thanks so much for the super fast answers as always!

Hey @xenonforlife,

Happy I helped you out!

Here's also an article for some of the features of Spotify as it launched in India 🎉

Let me know if you need help with anything else 🙂

Suggested posts