Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Not necessary because it's a general question

Operating System

See device

My Question or Issue

My mother in-law moved to my house. She owns a premium subscription. I invited her to my premium family. She joined before canceling her subscription. Will it cancel automatically or does she have to pay further?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @CoreTier

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If your mother-in-law already has Premium direct with Spotify, her billing switches automatically - she doesn't need to cancel anything. 

When she joins a Family plan with her existing Spotify account, all subsequent payments on her account will be made by the plan’s manager. 

Note: If her current Premium plan is associated with a partner, she needs to cancel with them. 

She can track all this on her account page, under Your plan.

If she created a new account to join the Family plan, she needs to cancel the subscription on her previous account. 

For more details on Premium Family check this support article

I hope you'll find this helpful!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @CoreTier

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If your mother-in-law already has Premium direct with Spotify, her billing switches automatically - she doesn't need to cancel anything. 

When she joins a Family plan with her existing Spotify account, all subsequent payments on her account will be made by the plan’s manager. 

Note: If her current Premium plan is associated with a partner, she needs to cancel with them. 

She can track all this on her account page, under Your plan.

If she created a new account to join the Family plan, she needs to cancel the subscription on her previous account. 

For more details on Premium Family check this support article

I hope you'll find this helpful!

Suggested posts