Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switch from Premium to Premium Family

Solved!

Switch from Premium to Premium Family

I purchased a Gift Card for 3 months of Spotify Premium and applied to my account.  However I didn't realise this is different to Premium Family which is what I actually wanted.  How can I switch plans without having to pay again which is all that the webpage offers (i.e. no cancel existing or change existing etc).

Thanks

C

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @chugh7,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

If you change your subscription plan to Premium Family, the remainder of your individual Premium time from the gift card will be converted into the new Premium Family plan, and your billing date will be brought forward due to pricing differences. 

Bear in mind that gift cards can only be redeemed for individual Premium plans; so once you change your plan to Premium Family, you'll need to set up a recurring payment method for future billing. 

You can switch to Premium Family by signing up here; and you can read more about how Premium Family works in this FAQ article as well as in this Q&A thread.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @chugh7,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

If you change your subscription plan to Premium Family, the remainder of your individual Premium time from the gift card will be converted into the new Premium Family plan, and your billing date will be brought forward due to pricing differences. 

Bear in mind that gift cards can only be redeemed for individual Premium plans; so once you change your plan to Premium Family, you'll need to set up a recurring payment method for future billing. 

You can switch to Premium Family by signing up here; and you can read more about how Premium Family works in this FAQ article as well as in this Q&A thread.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts