Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switched from private premium to family account - can i get a refund for the private premium?

Solved!

Switched from private premium to family account - can i get a refund for the private premium?

Plan: Premium

My Question or Issue

Hi, I recently switched from a premium account to a family account. The switch happend on the 25th of May, so on the same day that I got billed for the next month. Would it be possible to get this refunded. I didnt use my private account on the day i got billed (only after i had accepted the inviation to the family account).

Bill ref number: REMOVED

Thank you for your help!

<Community Rock Star edit - removed payment info>

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Keya93, I'll be more than happy to help you.

I'd recommend checking out this refund policy for more info and the next steps to take.

Have a nice day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Keya93, I'll be more than happy to help you.

I'd recommend checking out this refund policy for more info and the next steps to take.

Have a nice day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi, this is kind of similar to my situation.

I've just upgraded from Premium to Family, as my billing date was today. However, it's now set my Family subscription payment and renewal for the 16th June. So it looks like I'm paying for Premium for 3 weeks, then starting my Family subscription. The instructions suggested that the you should upgrade on the date you want your payment to be, but this hasn't happened. I want the billing date to be the end of the month. If I cancel and reseubscribe, when would I need to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your help! I ended up contacting Spotify support. 

Hey @Keya93.

You're welcome! Let me know if you need help with anything else 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hello I am facing a situation whereby I switched to Spotify Family on the last day of my free Premium trial but was still charged for a month of Spotify Premium individual account. May I know how may I proceed with the refund process?

@Billy-J

Hi there @tiffany_22,

Thanks for reaching out here! 

If you're paying for Premium for you own account and you accept a Premium Family invitation, then you become part of a Premium Family plan. After you've become part of the Premium Family plan, you'll no longer be charged for Premium.

If you, however, have any Premium time on your account and you haven't used it, no worries - it'll stay on your account. This means that if after some time you leave the Premium Family plan, the Premium time you had left will be activated and you'll still be able to enjoy it.

As to the refunds, this article contains everything related to them. Make sure to check the section relevant to your situation.

We hope this sheds some light on the subject :slightly_smiling_face:

PetyaModerator

Suggested posts