Duo

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

I was billed for Premium today (6/2/21) as usual, and switched to Premium Duo after the bill had already been taken from my bank account. I assumed when I changed plans that I would be charged the difference. It doesn't seem like I was charged at all for Duo (yet, at least), but the confirmation page stated I would be charged for Duo on 6/22. Does this mean that my new billing date is the 22? Why am I being charged again less than a month after my most recent bill?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @carolinemross,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

When you upgrade your subscription from Premium Individual to Premium Duo, your plan immediately switches to Premium Duo, and any remaining time that you've already paid for in your Premium Individual plan is converted into a Premium Duo subscription.

For this reason, it is an expected behavior that your new billing date (which you can view on your account page) will be a bit earlier than usual to cover the price difference between the two plans.

You can also read more about how Premium Duo works in this FAQ article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @carolinemross,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

When you upgrade your subscription from Premium Individual to Premium Duo, your plan immediately switches to Premium Duo, and any remaining time that you've already paid for in your Premium Individual plan is converted into a Premium Duo subscription.

For this reason, it is an expected behavior that your new billing date (which you can view on your account page) will be a bit earlier than usual to cover the price difference between the two plans.

You can also read more about how Premium Duo works in this FAQ article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts