Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

This card doesn't allow monthly billing. Error when paying with Master Credit card

This card doesn't allow monthly billing. Error when paying with Master Credit card

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

India

Device

iPhone Xs, HP Probook

Operating System

iOS 14.5.1 Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I am trying to renew my Premium family subscription using a Master Credit card from HDFC bank. After I provide all details and OTP for the payment I get this error screen which says "This card doesn't allow monthly billing."

I beg to disagree because I use the same card for Youtube, Netflix, and Apple subscriptions without any problem. As suggested in another thread I also contacted my bank and they confirmed that international and recurring transactions are enabled for my card. There is no issue with the card.

I tried to seek help from Spotify support chat but I did not get anything other than instructions to clear browser cache and trying again. It did not help.

This issue is far from being resolved. Please fix it.

Annotation 2021-06-02 140035.jpg
1 Reply

Hey there @JackfruitZero

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Due to new banking regulations introduced in your region, our payment providers may be unable to process new recurring payments. We’re working on a fix as soon as we can, but it may take a while.

In the meantime, you can get Premium by either making a one-time payment for 1, 3, or 6 months, or purchasing our annual subscription at a discounted rate. Just go to www.spotify.com/premium and choose your preferred one-time payment option.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts