Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Transaction Failed, but money deducted from bank.

Transaction Failed, but money deducted from bank.

Country

India

My Question or Issue

I paid for the premium account of a year through UPI. The transaction failed on Spotify's end, but money was deducted from my Bank. I also tried login-out and in but it was of no use. Any Ideas on how I can get my money back?

3 Replies

Hi @nirajdighe005

Welcome to the Community!

We recommend checking this article and make sure the card you want to use meets all the requirements you'll find there. It's a good idea to check them out directly with your bank/card provider.

If they confirm it does and everything is ok, we recommend waiting 24 hours before trying to update your payment details again. It's worth doing it from an incognito/private window in the browser and a different device.

On another note, it's possible that the payment didn't go through successfully after your bank or credit card company already placed a temporary authorization on the funds. In this case the charge will expire and the funds will soon reappear on your statement again. The time this takes can vary depending on your bank/credit card company. You can read more about pending charges here.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello, I have referred to that link before creating this thread. Also, the bank confirmed that money was indeed deducted from my account. What time should I wait before taking further measures? It's a shame that such a huge brand as Spotify has such issues.

Hi @nirajdighe005

Thanks for getting back in touch.

We don't have information about that since it depends on your bank/credit card company.

For further information, we recommend contacting your bank directly.

If you have any questions, just let us know 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts