Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Transferring Premium account to partner // Facebook required?

Solved!

Transferring Premium account to partner // Facebook required?

Plan Premium

Country UK

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I have had a Premium acount for several years. I log in with my username and password, not with Facebook. 

I now have an opportunity to transfer my premium account to a partner arrangement with Vodafone. This would save me a bit of money since my Vodafone cost is covered by my employer.

The method of transferring to Vodafone is to cancel my existing Spotify premium account, and then sign up for Premium from scratch via Vodafone's offer page once my current subscription runs out.

When this happens, will I be able to retain my normal username? Or would I be required to use a Facebook account to set up the new Prmium subscription via Vodafone?

I do not have a Facebook account, and never will. I do not want to lose the ability to retain a premium account on my normal username without needing Facebook. If a Facebook account would be required, then I could not take advantage of the offer from Vodafone.

Also, will I lose all my acount data, playlists and saved albums etc.?

Thank you for any advice.

Best,

James Rice

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @jamesduncanrice and welcome to the Spotify Community! 🙂

If you have not setup or linked your account with Facebook than there shouldn't be any change in your name when signing up with Vodafone. I am not sure what their offer requirements are, but you can try signing up with the email address you used directly with Spotify once it reverts to Free. As far as I am aware, your library info should still be there if you use the same account info as before. If you choose not to go with Vodafone, you can always go back to Spotify directly with your previous account and everything will still be there.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I will do my best to assist. I hope this was helpful and have a great day! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @jamesduncanrice and welcome to the Spotify Community! 🙂

If you have not setup or linked your account with Facebook than there shouldn't be any change in your name when signing up with Vodafone. I am not sure what their offer requirements are, but you can try signing up with the email address you used directly with Spotify once it reverts to Free. As far as I am aware, your library info should still be there if you use the same account info as before. If you choose not to go with Vodafone, you can always go back to Spotify directly with your previous account and everything will still be there.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I will do my best to assist. I hope this was helpful and have a great day! 🙂

Thank you very much for your helpful reply!

Best,

James Rice

You're very welcome, James! Always happy to help 😄

Suggested posts