Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Transferring premium to new account

Solved!

Transferring premium to new account

Hi, my dad is paying for the family version of spotify premium for him, me and my 3 siblings. What I'm wondering is if it's possible for me to create a new account (replacing my current one) and have him make it premium for no extra charge.

The reason why I want to replace my current account is because of the name of it and the recommendations I keep getting to listen to music I listened to years ago.

Thanks in advance! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It's correct what @InfusionGB told you, @user-removed!

You have to cancel your Premium subscription, wait until it ends, then you can re-subscribe on your new account.

If you need to transfer your playlists, please read this topic: there are many ways to do it without contacting the Spotify team! 😃

Have a great Sunday! ✌️

View solution in original post

4 Replies

If you send support an email through https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/?contact then they should be able to transfer albums and playlists over to a new account as long as it exists already.

Yeah that's nice but what I want to transfer is the premium

Ah sorry, misread it slightly.
As far as I know your father would have to pull your old accounts premium off on his family premium management page in account settings and then just resend you another invite to the new account.
I don't believe there is a way to do it which would transfer the last payment over.
I think contacting support directly through an email would be the only alternative.

Marked as solution

It's correct what @InfusionGB told you, @user-removed!

You have to cancel your Premium subscription, wait until it ends, then you can re-subscribe on your new account.

If you need to transfer your playlists, please read this topic: there are many ways to do it without contacting the Spotify team! 😃

Have a great Sunday! ✌️

Suggested posts