Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tried to cancel premium but get "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again" message

Tried to cancel premium but get "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again" message

I'd like to disconnect my Spotify from Facebook, but since that's how I originally signed up for Spotify, I need to cancel my Premium account and then create a new account.

When I've tried to cancel Premium on my Facebook-linked account, I receive this message: Oops! Something went wrong, please try again.

I've tried now quite a few times.  Could someone from Spotify please help me resolve this issue and cancel my account?

Thank you!

7 Replies

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the Community!

If your subscription was made through us, you shouldn't have any trouble cancelling your subscription here.

If your subscription was set up through a third party, like a mobile service provider, you'll need to reach out to them to cancel the subscription.

We hope that helps.

Hi Sergio!

I tried going through that link again (which took me to the Spotify desktop website), but still ran into the same "Oops" error message.

I signed up for Spotify through Spotify via Facebook login.  Could someone from the company help me manually shutdown my account please?

Thank you!

Hey @user-removed!

Sorry to hear you haven't been able to cancel the subscription.

If you're still getting this error message, please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or using an incognito window to do so.

As a last resource, try canceling using a different device.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Any working solution to this ? I have the exact same problem. I cannot cancel my Premium Subscription. I tried:

Cleared cache from browser

Tested with two browsers (Chrome, IE)

Tested in Incognito 

Tested from two computers and from my phone.

No luck, I can't cancel my subscription!

Oops! Something went wrong, please try again.

Need a solution.

Thanks

Hey @nicoroy123, thanks for getting back to us.

Just to confirm, are you paying for Spotify using a credit card or paypal, or are you subscribed through a third party like your mobile service provider?

Keep me in the loop.

By credit card, directly in my Spotify account.

That's odd!

If you've tried all the previous suggestions and are getting an error message when cancelling the subscription, you'll need to contact the Support team.

You can give them a shout via Twitter or Facebook. They'll get back to you as soon as possible to help you cancel the subscription.

Let me know if anything else comes up.

Suggested posts