Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S7

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

I think I subscribed to Premium through Facebook, but last year deleted my Facebook account. Now when I try to cancel my subscription I don't have the option to do that. But I do see a charge to my debit for 9.99 each month. Can customer support please help with canceling my Premium subscription?

5 Replies

Hey @reidkimball ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

You can create a Spotify password to log in with your email address instead.

1. Go to the password reset form.
  2. Enter your Facebook email address
  3. Check your inbox for an email from Spotify to reset your password

This means you don’t need to use the Facebook button to log in. You can enter your Facebook email address and the new password instead. You should then be able to manage your subscription and everything else at https://spotify.com/account 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, thanks for the suggestions. Here's what happened, I logged in using the same credentials I used for Facebook (as I remember them) and it logs me into my free Spotify account. I have two different Spotify accounts, one free that I can log into on my Windows PC, and one Premium that I access only on my Android Phone because it's currently logged in and I don't log out.

My phone says the username is RBK-phone, when I try to enter that into the password reset form, it says the account doesn't exist. I also tried logging in with a different email address, and was able to reset the password for that, but.... it's for someone else's Spotify account! So, things are a bit messy right now and I really need to talk with a tech support person at Spotify. I've tried searching for how to do that and can't find any way to contact them.

Hey @reidkimball ,

Thanks for getting back.

If you're currently logged into the Premium account on your phone, you should be able to see it's associated email address by heading to Settings > Account/Email. You should then be able to reset the password if you have access to the email address stated in the settings.

Let me know how it goes. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I took screenshots, posted here: https://imgur.com/a/dNpPLbm to show you that I don't see any email address I go to Settings > Account. Again, how do I contact customer support?

I finally found a way to contact customer support and they were able to find the subscription and cancel it for me.

Suggested posts