Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Two Premium members switching to Premium Duo - Confirming no double charges please

Solved!

Two Premium members switching to Premium Duo - Confirming no double charges please

Both my partner and I live together so we decided to switch our Premium Single accounts to Premium Duo and save some money.

I have switched from Premium Single ($14.99) to Premium Duo ($18.99) and then invited him to join via email. He has accepted the invite.

I am aware that I will not be charged double (this is the $14.99 for Premium plus $18.99 for Duo) but I want to make sure that he will not be having to pay his Premium Single membership ($14.99) anymore, as I have now shared my Premium Duo membership with him which I have paid.

Can someone please confirm if this just happens automatically or if he needs to cancel his Premium payments. Many thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @anabellasilva! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

This is straight out of the help article:

If you've already subscribed to Premium with Spotify, your billing will switch automatically and you won’t need to cancel anything. 

So he doesn't need to cancel anything it will happen automatically. ^^

Let me know how it goes!

Peace

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @anabellasilva! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

This is straight out of the help article:

If you've already subscribed to Premium with Spotify, your billing will switch automatically and you won’t need to cancel anything. 

So he doesn't need to cancel anything it will happen automatically. ^^

Let me know how it goes!

Peace

I did the same thing. My account has been using the Premium Solo plan which costs PHP129. Just this June 3, I switched to Premium Duo and invited my wife to join in so I got a deduction of PHP169. The problem is last May 2021, I got a deduction of PHP129 which is for the Premium Solo. How do I stop it? When I checked my account, my current plan is only the Premium Duo. Please help. 

Suggested posts