Free/Premium

Country

India

Device

OnePlus 7

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I made a payment for purchasing Spotify's 1 Month Premium Subscription For Students, which costs INR 66. I made the payment through my UPI ID, which was a successful transaction (money was deducted and merchant confirmed payment). Unfortunately, I haven't received Premium status since making the payment. Any help regarding this would be appreciated.

3 Replies

Hi @TenaciousBeagle

Before I introduce any steps to help, I'd like to ask you to delete the screenshot, because it contains sensitive info. Thank you!

If you pay for Premium but can't use your Premium features, try the following:

• Log out and back into your account
    Occasionally this is necessary to force a sync of info between your device and our account system
  • Check the status of your subscription
    Go to your subscription page and check that your Premium subscription is still active.
  • Check that your Premium subscription isn’t on another account
    You might be logged into the wrong account. It's possible to create multiple Spotify accounts, each with their own login details, saved music, and subscription. 
    Check to see if you have any other accounts

Let me know if any of those steps helped! 

Thanks Emilia. Tried all the steps that you mentioned but unfortunately none of them worked.
Kindly suggest some alternative solutions that I can follow to get a refund, and subsequently repeat the payment using another method or maybe get the premium subscription activated/working using the existing payment.

Hi @TenaciousBeagle

Thank you for giving it a try!

I that case, I'd recommend reaching out to the Customer Support. 

You can find the contact form here

Suggested posts