Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to apply student discount when trying to switch country.

Unable to apply student discount when trying to switch country.

Plan

Premium

Country

Would like to change to UK from Singapore.

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

Hi, I would like to switch my account to a UK-based one as I am based there for university. My account was originally registered in Singapore. I have registered my eligibility under my London-based university and it says that I am eligible for a student plan. Initial "base" premium subscription takes my UK card just fine. However when I try to pay with a UK-based card for the student discount refuses to take the payment, switches back to SGD from GBP and says that my country and payment method don't match. Could someone help to rectify this please? If it helps the "Available Plans" are all listed in SGD and my drop down menu to change country is greyed out and I am unable to change it from Singapore.

spot1.png
1 Reply

Hey, @mrhoody 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

First of all, you need to know you will only be able to change the account's country if you're in this country, so for example, you won't be able to change the country to England, if you're in Singapore yet. You can get more information about it here.

Regarding your Premium for Student, as you know, you can only request the student status on Spotify to get the discount if your university/college is in the same country your account is issued to. So, summarizing, you need to change the country first, and then you can request the discount and remember that your payment method needs to be issued to the same country your account is issued to. More information about the Student discount here:

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts