Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

IOS 10

My Question or Issue

Hello!

I’ve been trying to buy a standard premium subscription since February (when there was the 3 month free trial) but every time I have entered my credit card info I get an error message saying to try again.

I have gone on the help page and followed all of the instructions; even calling my bank to confirm that foreign and recurring payments are ok. So I know it’s not an issue with my card (I’ve also used it for online payments while trying to get premium so I know it works). I’ve also tried using private browsers, different browsers and different devices. I’ve never had an account with Spotify either so I know that’s not the issue. 

Also I do not want to use PayPal at all, my credit card is my option of payment unfortunately.

I’m kind of annoyed because I missed that window for the free 3 months. But that’s life haha. I have emailed customer support but I know I may have to wait awhile for a response which is fine!

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply

Hey there @Rowdaboat

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

We suggest you restart the device on which you experience this issue. This basic step is very simple, but often overlooked. 

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Suggested posts