Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to cancel a subscription

Unable to cancel a subscription

I have recently moved back to Ausralia from the UK and have sinced signed up with a Premium account here with my new device, being an iPhone XR (iOS 13.1.2) however I am still be charged for my premium subscription in the UK, which was set up via an iPhone 8+ (iOS 12.4.1) . Firtsly, going in via the app, I am unable to cancel the UK subscription but I can access it via the desktop. However, it seems that only my Australian subscription shows up so if I cancel it, that's the one that takes the hit, not the UK one I need gone. Anyone have any suggestions on how to isolate the original UK account and cancel it without affecting the Australian account when they seem to show the same email address?

4 Replies

Hey, @MattyK_14 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

According to your post, you have two different accounts linked to the same email address? Maybe you've created an account using your email address, and a few times after that, you created a new account linking it to your Facebook account that is linked to the same email address. Is this proceed?

Just give me these answers and we will give continuity to the case.

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It seems to be the case. I have never signed up to Spotify other than through the app on my phone. 

The issue I have is that I've just been charged my monthy Premium subscription in British pounds however I have subscribed to a Premium account here in Australia since I left in mid-September so I don't understand why I am still getting charged for my UK subscription when I have moved to Australia and signed up here.

I also wonder if this is the reason I have not been able to move my own playlist over to my new account?

Thanks for you help,

Matt

Ok, so let's start from the beginning...

First, you need to open your account using your email address and your password, check the country on your profile page to see if it is the account from the UK or Australia. Also, check if there is a Premium subscription activated on the account and cancel it. If you don't want the account anymore, you can delete it too.

After that, using the incognito mode on your browser, try to access your account using your FB credentials and check if it is the same account you've accessed before or isn't. And double-check the same pieces of information I've mentioned above...

Try all of those steps and let me know if it works...

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there @MattyK_14,

Thanks for reaching out! 

This article can help you find your Spotify accounts faster.  Here's also a guide how to transfer your playlists from your second account to your preferred one. 

We hope this helps 🙂 

PetyaModerator

Suggested posts