Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to deactivate Hulu

Unable to deactivate Hulu

Plan

Premium + Hulu

Country

United States

I have a Premium Account + Hulu subscription and I'm trying to change my Hulu subscription. I understand that I need to Deactivate the Hulu service from within Spotify.

I went to "You Services", then clicked "Deactivate Hulu". I receive an error at the top of the page that says "An error occurred. Try deactivating again, and if you still receive an error, contact Customer Support."

I have tried in multiple browsers, but none are able to get through. I have also tried contacting customer support as the message suggests, but it is difficult to get to an actual person.

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 3.22.23 PM.png
3 Replies

Hi there @endymion-,

Welcome to the Community!

You should be able to downgrade your subscription to Premium Individual from your account page. If you're getting an error in multiple browsers, this means that there might be an internal connection issue. What we'd recommend is trying a different network connection or trying again in a few days.

If you still need help you can check out this page for more info on how to get directly in contact with our Customer support team.

Hope you find this info useful.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply! 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm having the same issue as well. Tried changing plan from Premium + Hulu, says I'm not eligible. Then I went to services and tried to deactivate Hulu, just keep getting the same error, multiple browsers.

Hey @bcs0629,

Thanks for reaching out.

We're sorry to hear you're also having issues with canceling Hulu and appreciate the troubleshooting you've done so far. In this case it might be a good idea to reach out directly to our customer support, so they can have a look at your account back stage. You can reach out to the team using this link, that @Alex posted.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts