Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to mantain an argentinian card whilst living in Australia

Unable to mantain an argentinian card whilst living in Australia

Hello,

I moved from Argentina to Australia a month ago, and the card i used to pay Spotify with has expired. Now i'm trying to update my payment info with my new argentinian card (which is still on use), and the answer i get is always the same. "An error occured, please try later". I don't have an Australian credit card, so I need to keep on paying with my argentinan card. I need to get this solved, otherwise I'll lose my premium account due to a problem it has nothing to do with me. I'm a Spotify user since 2013, I need somebody to help me out.

3 Replies

Hey @marcosdeferrari, thanks for reaching out to the community!

Let's try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or using an incognito window to update your payment details to your new card. Make sure you're following these steps to update your info.

If that doesn't do the trick, try a different internet connection or a different device altogether to update the details.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I deleted de cookies, and the problem persists. Now i'm trying to enter my
australian debit card information, but it says that I have to change the
country of my account. So I follow the steps indicated in the Country
Settings Help Information, but I can't find the way to do it. The option to
change the country of my account is not available. Please, help me out.
I've been with this problem for a whole week. and it seems that Spotify
wants me to lose my account. Need to fix it ASAP. Thanks

No worries!

If you're following these steps to update your account's payment details, but it's not giving you the option to update the country, I suggest cancelling the current subscription first.

You won't lose any saved songs or music, this only means that your account will go back to Free on your next billing date.

Once it goes back to Free, you'll be able to update the country, and resubscribe using your new payment method.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts