Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to purchase premium

Unable to purchase premium

Hi,
When trying to buy premium I get a message saying I am not eligible for that subscription. Family and Student are fine though.

My previous subscription was an one cost annual plan (ie not paying per month). Now I cannot get back to premium.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

All

My Question or Issue

3 Replies

Hey @Luckan,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

It'd be good for you to try again while using your web-browser in private mode to avoid potential issues caused by the browser's cache. 

If you still experience what you reported after trying this way, would you mind sharing with us a screenshot of the error message you receive? It'll help us look into this in greater detail.

In that case, also make sure to take a look here and follow the steps featured in First payment not working? as well as Recurring payment not working? under Credit/debit card.

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for  your reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Mario,

Thanks for the support! I have tried different computers and my phone, both in normal and in private mode. I have logged out from all of my devices and upgraded both the phone and desktop app, but to no avail.

It is a very peculiar issue since it seems like I am not eligible for Spotify Premium, but Spotify Family is fine. I have attached a screenshot of the error message I receive. Unfortunately, it is in Swedish. I have tried to change the language but it switches back when entering the browser. Basically it says 'It seems like you are not eligible for this offer, but we have found others for you'.

I think the issue has to do with me not having a monthly subscription previously. I instead paid for a whole year immediately. Now when that year has ended I am unable to sign up for a monthly subscription.

I am grateful for any ideas. I have experienced a new level of frustration when I am time and time again hearing the commercial which is urging me to upgrade to premium which I am eager but unable to do.

Many thanks.

Spotify_premium.PNG

Hello there @Luckan,

Many thanks for your detailed description and the screenshot!

Do you mind trying this link and check if that makes a difference? In case that doesn't work for you, you could subscribe to the Headspace bundle and then change to Individual Premium from your account page under Your plan.

Thanks - Let us know how it goes.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts