Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to update Premium to Premium Duo

Solved!

Unable to update Premium to Premium Duo

Plan

Premium Individual + Hulu

Country

USA

My Question or Issue

I am trying to switch from Premium Individual to Premium Duo to invite my spouse. However, the plan does not show up for purchase. If I manually select Premium Duo from the website, I get an error that "It looks like you’re not eligible for that offer, but we found more for you."

Why is that?

2020-07-01_13-17-27.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I solved it. I changed my subscription from Premium + Hulu to Premium (without Hulu) and right after I could change to Premium Duo

View solution in original post

27 Replies

I am also having the same issue.

It was just announced today, so maybe they did not wire the things up properly and will be fixed soon (hopefully)

Just biked in to say also having the same issue here. Student Premium account. Would very much like to sign up for this.

Hey all,

I'll take a look at this and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience in advance! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same - will keep watching thread for any updates.

Hey all,

Could you try subscribing to Premium Duo using this link, and let me know if you're given the option to choose the Duo plan from here.

I'd also recommend trying this on a different network connection if possible, and if turning off your VPN if you're using one.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there!

Was able to sign up! For others who may be having issues, I initially was unable to get there via work computer/network. However, via phone using just cellular (taken off network) was able to access the link without issues.

Thanks Billy!
=T3=

Thanks for taking the time. Both of the links you provided show available plans that do not include Duo.

I tried t35513r suggestion, not connected to wifi, with mobile data but I till have the same error message.

I did not say it in the original message but the subscription is actually Premium + Hulu, I don't know if it is related.

Exact same problem. I'm on Premium+Hulu and get "not eligible."
Marked as solution

I solved it. I changed my subscription from Premium + Hulu to Premium (without Hulu) and right after I could change to Premium Duo

Same for me. I tried on cellphone after switching off wifi and still not available for me either.

I noticed the Premium + Hulu is no longer available. Must be why we're ineligible. Were you able to tack on Hulu after you switched over?

No, as soon as I changed to Premium without Hulu I received an email from hulu saying my subscription was cancelled.
Now my available plans (premium, duo, family, student or free) only mentions Hulu with the student one

😕 still cheaper than two premium subs I suppose. thanks!

So I'm guessing it is official that you can't use Premium Duo if you have the Hulu plan?

Yup. I had to switch out from Premium+Hulu to get the Duo plan then enable
my Hulu sub separately. It's still cheaper than Premium+Hulu + 2nd
Premium... but only by a $1. Woot.

So there is no word yet on having Premium + Hulu and being able to add Duo? I would love to upgrade to Duo, but I don't want to lose Hulu because of it. Give the people the bundle they want Spotify!!

I’m having the same problem, which is unfortunate because it sounds like in order to get the duo plan to work you lose Hulu, so haven’t been able to decide what to do. They need an option for a spouse and Hulu. 

I suggest you write an idea in their idea board. If you can get 100 ppl to upvote your idea in a year they'll look into it. But this topic is closed so nobody at Spotify will look at it:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/newideas

Suggested posts