Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to update my country

Unable to update my country

Hi,

I am trying to change my country on my Premium Account, but when I fill in the info about my credit card issued in my new country of residence, it does not give me the option to update the country, but to update another payment method only.

How can I do it?

Thanks

4 Replies

Hi @francescasandra,

Welcome to the forums!

Can you let me know if the country you are currently in can be used with the card you are trying to update your account with? 

Thanks!

Robert_WRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

hi there,

I have exactly the same problem

I'm in Portugal and my card is french

Can you help?

Thanks!!

Hi @foirio,

Welcome to the forums!

In order to update your payment details your card needs to match the country you are currently residing in. More information on this here: 

https://support.spotify.com/article/how-can-i-change-my-country-setting/?ref=related.

I hope this helps 🙂

Robert_WRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Actually the credit card flow or updating country in account details does not work, and Spotify seem unable to fix it. 

However, it does work in the PayPal flow. Choose PayPal (and register PayPal with your new card or payment method if you don't already have it), and fail the update with PayPal. When you get declined in the update payment method flow, you can then change country in the failure notification box on the same page, and from there, you complete the payment with PayPal (credit card does not seem to work even after you change country with the PayPal flow).

See if this works.

Suggested posts