Premium

Country

South Africa

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I am trying to upgrade from Premium to Premium Duo but I keep getting the error "Unable to change plans. This could be because you're not eligible for this plan, you're already on it, or you don't have a stored payment method."

It does show I have a stored payment method. I have confirmed my email address. What could be the problem?

9 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

South Africa

Device

Windows 10 and Android

Operating System

Windows 10 and Android

My Question or Issue

When I try to upgrade my normal premium account to Duo it tells me I am not eligible. I do have a payment method loaded, so I am unsure why it doens't work.

Hey @Zathyron, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try upgrading to Premium Duo using a different browser or private window? If that doesn’t work, attach a screenshot of the error message you’re seeing and I’ll take a closer look.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Billy,

tried Incognito and different browser and different browser with Incognito - no luck.

Please see attached my error message.

Thanks for taking this on!

Best regards

Stefan

Capture.PNG

Hey @Zathyron,

Thanks for the screenshot!

Could you try following these steps to cancel your current Premium subscription. Then you can head here and upgrade to Premium Duo. 

Let me know how that goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star

@billy-J

it says that my premium is running out on 10/09 now and it gives me the same error message. I guess I have to wait until it runs out before I can change.

Really annoying...

Hey @Zathyron

Thanks for the info!
In that case, are you able to wait until your subscription expires and reverts back to Free? After that date, then you should be able to subscribe to Premium Duo. 

I'll be here so you can let me know what happens 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

So I upgraded to Duo now (only possible after your actual premium runs out). Don't know why Spotify can't upgrade easily.

Hope this helps some other people!

Hey @Zathyron

I'm happy to hear everything is good to go. If you need help in the future, you can always start a new topic and the Community will be happy to help.

Have a great day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi Zathyron,

I have the same issue: I have a student account and I have upgraded my premium account to Duo. It says it will switch to Duo on October 4th and now, I am unable to send an invite to my partner nor setting up the address etc.
Do you confirm that I should be able to setting up my Duo account on October 4th when my student account runs out?
Thanks in advance!

Suggested posts