Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unsuccessfull student subscription

Unsuccessfull student subscription

Hi, I picked Student Subscription and entered my card details, i received a bank notification of charging the purchase but i was not able to complete the registration because the page did not showed me school degails and my account has not switch to premium yet, how to proceed?

5 Replies

Hey @rodolforrm,

If Spotify is unable to verify your student I.D, you won’t be eligible to claim the student discount. In this instance, any charges will show on your statement as ‘pending’. This means your bank has put a temporary authorization on the funds, but no money has actually been taken.

Once the bank confirms your student I.D failed to verify successfully, the money will reappear on your statement. This can take up to 48 hours, depending on your bank. You can reach out to them for more information about any pending payments.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

There is something wrong since today i received a second charge from Spotify and now i can't see the option to remove the card or how to stop the charges, i am afraid that you will daily withdraw my money from my card!! 

Can you please let me know if the statuses of the charges are pending or not?

MaximSpotify Star

Hi, both charges are in pending status yet.

Also, is there a way to cancel this and change to the "Normal" Premium subscription or should i have to create a new subscription ?

Thanks for letting me know.

Pending charges are a part of your bank or credit card company’s authorization process. When you submit a payment, they place a temporary authorization on the funds.

If the transactions don’t successfully complete, no money will be taken and the charges will soon disappear. The time this takes can vary, depending on your bank/credit card company. For more information, contact your bank/credit card company.

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts